Holiday Magic at the Library
Tree Fest of Children's Books 2016
December 2 - 20
|Click the links below to find:|
|Printable Letter to Decorators|
|Printable Decorator Brochure with Registration Form|
|List of "Do Not Use" Books for 2016|
Tree Fest 2016 will once again fill the windows and in fact all of Gelnett Memorial Library with trees and wreaths, lights and ornaments and the magic of decorators each capturing the theme of a children's book.
Tickets will be sold at the library for you to vote for YOUR favorite tree or wreath. Funds are raised at Tree Fest by the sale of vote tickets which visitors use to choose favorite trees/wreaths.
Popular vote winners (the ones who receive the most tickets
in their vote box will receive certificates: 1st Place
(Gold), 2nd Place (Silver) and 3rd Place (Bronze) and Favorite Wreath.
In addition, independent judges will announce the Judges Choice Wreath and Judges Choice 1st and 2nd place trees at Opening Reception, December 2nd.
Tree Fest is a way of promoting reading and of emphasizing the importance of children's books. Funds raised by the sale of vote tickets benefit the summer reading program serving not only Gelnett Memorial Library young patrons but all Snyder County Libraries youth patrons.
How can YOU help Tree Fest!
Tree Fest is made possible through the help of many volunteers. We can use your help during set-up, clean up or "tree sitting" - welcoming visitors and selling tickets during the hours the library is open.
- Make a donation. Checks should be made out to Friends of Rudy Gelnett Memorial Library and mailed to Friends at P.O. Box 112, Selinsgrove 17870
- Publish information about Tree Fest in church bulletins and company newsletters.
- Talk up our Thirteenth Annual Tree Fest; tell your friends; invite them to visit.
- When you visit Tree Fest, buy tickets to vote for your favorite tree and wreath.
- Purchase unique handcrafted ornaments, wreaths or tiny trees donated by our decorators and volunteers.
The Tree Fest Gallery lists previous winners and includes virtual tours of many earlier celebrations. Click here to enter.